The last couple of months have been the busiest and most hectic of my life! I have changed almost everything that I do – and even think – in such a short amount of time that my brain is having a hard time keeping up.
In a nutshell:
- Jono badly injured his leg, and so I was running around doing double work.
- I was facing challenges in almost every aspect of my work life. I was overworking, not taking enough breaks, and putting up with many issues and people that I should not have been.
- Stress-influenced sleep amounted to lower performance rate in my work.
- Poor work meant poor results, and poor results meant low finances.
- We’ve moved countries yet again.
- We’re looking for jobs and a place to call home.
- And, of course, I haven’t been blogging very much at all.
There is just WAY too much activity going on…
Unfortunately two ladies who are very important to me have been neglected in the midst of all this chaotic rush, and I’d like to take the time now to let them know how much they really mean to me!
Lily: Lovely, loyal, and little!
Happy belated birthday, Lils! I’m so sorry it has taken a godawful time to post this about you!
I’m so proud of you for all that you have gone through this past year. You’re my idea of a tough cookie who can face anything, but is also so sweet and tender inside. You give and give and give, but you don’t put up with nonsense! You’re a dedicated, committed mother who is willing to lay down her life for her kids. You’re one of the few friends I have that still includes the Lord in your life and everyday decisions. I love all those things about you, and I love you! I hope this new year brings with it only good things! You deserve it!
Remember not to sweat the small stuff. Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind! 🙂
Stephie: SMART, Strong, and Silly (oh, and Small!)
Happy belated birthday to you as well, Effie! I miss you something crazy like! I hope you’re taking good care of yourself and letting others care for you too!
Thank you for your undying support through some very tough times in my life. I’m sorry for being a sad sack most of the time and whining about all my misfortunes to you. Thank you for your listening ear and wise counsel. I’m so glad to have been able to live with you, and grow and learn with you too! I think you’re just wonderful and I know that the Lord has some amazing things in store for your future!
(PS: Thank you also for taking care of Tommy, the mopey sun-gazer that he is. I can finally rest at night knowing that he is being looked after!)
I’m lucky to have best friends like you, Lily and Stephie! I wish you all the beauty, peace, and love in the world! Mwah! xxx